19 December 2010

WEEK FIFTY - 'A CHRISTMAS CAROL'

'A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings' by Charles Dickens
December 6 - 11, 264 pages

I love Dickens. You know I love Dickens. And you can't love Dickens and not read 'A Christmas Carol'. That I knew the storyline back to fron and seen many knock-offs is irrelevant: I need to read the real thing. It's very Christmassy. And jolly. I didn't actually enjoy it as much as his other novels. It wasn't funny and sarcastic. The characters don't have much depth. And the moral is served to you on a silver platter. No work required. But it is a nice little story. I enjoyed it for that.

The other 'Christmas writings' are quite nice, too. Nothing too special but definitely helped me get in the festive spirit! Christmas is so soon!

'... while there is infection in disease and sorrow, there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good-humour.'

No comments:

Post a Comment