25 July 2010

WEEK THIRTY - 'THE BRONZE HORSEMAN'

'The Bronze Horseman' by Paullina Simons
July 20 - 25, 637 pages

I love reading about Russia. It fascinates me. I think I just find it so interesting that it is so different from the rest of the world. This novel most definitely confirmed that for me. Set in World War Two, I cannot imagine living the way those people did.

I enjoyed this book. Mostly its 'Russian-ness' I guess. And feeling like I was deep in the Soviet Union. It was a love story though. Which was nice. I did get over having to read about Tatiana and Alexander sleeping together for about 200 pages non-stop. I avoided reading it in public.

But it was good. Very interesting. I really want to go to Russia now. But maybe not in winter.

2 comments:

  1. It actually gets ridiculous towards the end how often the copulate. Still the best book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I exclaimed to Ness that they just wouldn't stop having sex she said to me, "Yes. I think that's why Hamish read them".
    And yeah, I actually don't think I can handle that much more. Might have to take a long break before reading the next ones.

    ReplyDelete