25 March 2010

WEEK THIRTEEN - 'ANIMAL FARM'

'Animal Farm' by George Orwell
March 22 - 24, 95 pages

Yes, I am one of those people who has not read 'Animal Farm.' Well, I was. Now I am a changed person. I now feel like there is not something fundamental missing from my 'books I've read' list.

An excellent book, as you probably know because you have most likely read it already. Very clever. His concept and execution is so simple and done so well. We need books like these. Books that say something; commentaries on society; powerful, and yet so accessible. A book that makes you believe and makes you see.

'Weak or strong, clever or simple, we are all brothers.'

A nice, quick read. My favourite quote from this novel is 'All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.'

I also found it quite entertaining picturing pigs walking only on their hind legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment